Restrictions can be set up to ensure your only specific users can have access to certain projects (folder and archive restrictions) or to existing locations (location restrictions).
It is possible to set up restrictions for users that are project managers or test designers. The first thing to set up is one or more groups and add users to these groups. To create a group, go to Administration - Folder Restrictions - Define User Groups and create a new user group.
After the group has been created, edit the group and add the users that should have restrictions placed on them by selecting the tickboxes next to the user login.
After selecting the users, click the add button at the bottom of the pop-up to add the users.
How to set up location restrictions:
1. Go under the Site Management - Restrictions - Location Restrictions
2. This window will display all the locations. In order to add restrictions click on the edit icon under the column action.
3. To add a user group click on the plus icon (+) on the right.
4. The locations that don't have restrictions will be visible to other users.
In order to remove the location restrictions, remove the user groups linked to that location by clicking on red trash icon.
How to set up folder restrictions:
1. To set up which folders the group, (or groups) have access to, go to Site Management - Restrictions - Project Folder Restrictions
2. You will see a list of project folders on which restrictions can be set up. Click on the folder on which you want to add restrictions. The following screen will appear, on the left, you can see the name of the folder on which you are adding restrictions. In order to add a user group, click on the plus icon (+) on the right.
3. This window will show existing user groups. In order to select a group, click on the small square on the right. You can select multiple user groups at once.
5. Click Save.
In order to remove the restriction, first, remove the user group linked to that folder by clicking on the red trash icon.
Folder restriction archive
How to set up folder archive restrictions:
1. To set up which folders the group, (or groups) have access to in the archive, go to Site Management - Restrictions - Project Archive Folder Restrictions. Similarly to project folder restriction, you can set up for the archived folder the specific groups that can access it or not.